Wednesday, April 7, 2010

(a common cattail ecosystem)

During my on-campus living experience in college, I woke up (mostly) every morning for class and when I did I then got to partake on the sight above. A hot location for foot traffic by tired upperclassmen that just rolled out of bed around the hours of 7:50am- noon. This waterhole of aquatic weeds is surprisingly purposeful. It is used to collect runoff water from ring road, the parking lots and to avoid flooding accidents such as my Camry's floor last year. On rainy spring days, it was an excellent site for setting sail paper boat vessels from Res Caf's dining announcements and for a sliding on the hopefully frozen water only after consuming two glasses of wine on those winter nights.










http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bell_the_cat

No comments:

Post a Comment